About the CEON Foundation:
The CEON Foundation consists of a diverse community of Donors and Mentor Donors who want to appreciate and share their success by helping others. We were founded in 2021 by CEO Netweavers in partnership with the Ron Clark Academy, and have awarded seven scholarships with mentors during our first two years. We also mentor EMBA students, and help each other sort through an array of issues ranging from business to career to personal.
About our scholarships:
We have chosen a two-pronged approach that augments traditional major and full scholarships. As Ron Clark helped us understand, too often a very promising student with a full scholarship either has to work 1 – 2 part time jobs while on campus, or drop out because their family lacks the funds for incidental expenses and occasional trips home. Working part time while at a top university means missing out on the chance to build lifetime relationships and to participate in academic areas of exploration on campus. Our scholarships also include a mentor to help students better understand how to make the most of their academic opportunity and prepare for their career beyond, including strategies and connections for relevant internships.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must:
- Be alumni of the Ron Clark Academy, in good standing
- Attending a Nationally ranked University, Liberal Arts college or HBCU in a 4-year Bachelor degree program
- Have been awarded a full-ride or major scholarships
- Be actively enrolled with a full academic load for the fall semester/term
- Demonstrate financial need beyond the scholarships received
- Define how a CEON Foundation Mentor can be a major help
Award Levels: Applicants chosen for scholarship awards will receive:
- Cash award of $3,500 – $5,000 for incidental expenses and travel, payable beginning January. The award amount within that range will be determined by a combination of student need and available scholarship funds.
- CEON Foundation Mentor assigned at time of notification of award
- Invitations to all CEON Foundation meetings – to help further grow connections
Expectations of Scholars:
- Signs and returns acknowledgement regarding compliance with Scholar Expectations
- Maintains open lines of communications with Mentor on a monthly basis, sharing both the good and the challenges
- Notifies Mentor of any change in scholarship eligibility and/or academic performance issues
- Writes a summary at the conclusion of the Spring semester/term outlining how the scholarship and Mentor made a difference, and summarizing expectations vs. what was actually experienced
- Agrees to be photographed and interviewed for fund raising purposes for the CEON Foundation
Applications must be completed on our web site at www.ceonfoundation.org/scholarshipapplication by midnight October 30, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed and awarded by the five-person CEON Foundation Scholarship Committee, who may request additional insight from staff at the Ron Clark Academy as part of the evaluation process.